Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stranger # "Whoops"

I was really excited about sharing stranger #2. It was going to be a couple. I actually met them last Sunday July 4th but did not have my camera with me. We talked and I shared with them what I was doing with the “100 Strangers Project” and told them I wanted to include them in the blog. They were excited about the idea and we were going to meet the next Sunday at the same place and take the photos but something changed their minds in the following week and they told me they did not want to be a part of the project.

However, I’m still going to tell you about this couple but not their names nor photos. I met this couple last weekend at Wild West, A country and western club in Houston Texas.  They arrived at 10pm and started dancing. They are something to behold, not just because they were excellent dancers, but because of the bright smiles on their faces. The amazing thing is that they danced to almost every song until the place closed down. I asked a friend about them and she said she thinks they come out three times a week, always around 10pm, only dancing with each other and to almost every song.

I asked the manager at Wild West, Jan Johnston, about the couple this evening before they had arrived. He stated that they have been frequenting the Wild West for 14 years and he swears they have not aged a single day. “They look exactly like they did 14 years ago”. “So what are their names” I ask?   “You know, I don’t even know their names, isn’t that amazing. They keep to themselves, never order anything to drink, if they stop dancing they go off by themselves and then back to dancing on the next song. Never really see them talk to anyone other than a cordial hello.”

Imagine that, fourteen years they have been coming to this establishment and no one here even knows their names.  And it’s not like they don’t stick out, they dress impeccably, she has gorgeous long thick hair flowing down to her waist, He is bald with stunningly good physique. When they dance you can see people point to them. You simply can’t miss them. Yet fourteen years and no one here knows their name.

Not even me. Last week when I met them, I introduced myself but he responded with “Well, Hi Matt, nice to meet you, How can I help you?” in a beautiful Scottish accent, but never told me his name. It did not even dawn on me until this evening. I may not know their names but I will never forget them.

No comments:

yaz lawsuit